Help us protect our cultural and natural heritage by observing these laws.
- The following things are not permitted on any SCDNR Cultural Heritage Preserve: hunting, operation of motorized, nonmotorized vehicles; camping or campfires; horse riding; metal detecting; gathering, damaging, or destroying rocks, minerals, fossils, artifacts, geological formations, ecofacts, animals or plants.
- Metal detecting is not permitted on any SCDNR property.
- Heritage Trust Act (51-17-10, SC Code of Laws)
- Establishment, operation, and maintenance of wildlife management areas; prohibited conduct; penalties. (50-11-2200, SC Code of Laws)
- Regulations Applicable to Wildlife Management Areas, Heritage Preserves and other lands owned by the Department of Natural Resources. (123-200, SC Code of Regulations)
- Please report violations to 1-800-922-5431.
- Preservation and Protection of Abandoned and Unmaintained Cemeteries (6-1-35, SC Code of Laws)
- Destruction or Desecration of Human Remains or Repositories Thereof; Penalties (16-17-600, SC Code of Laws)
- Removal of Abandoned Cemeteries (27-43-10 through 27-43-40, SC Code of Laws)
- Access to Cemeteries on Private Property (27-43-310, SC Code of Laws)
- Trespasses and Unlawful Use of Property of Others Law (16-11-780, SC Code of Laws)
- South Carolina Mining Act (48-20-40, SC Code of Laws)
- Coastal Zone Management Act of 1976, as amended (48-39-150, SC Code of Laws)
- South Carolina Underwater Antiquities Act of 1991 (54-7-610, SC Code of Laws)
- Hobby License
- Protection of State Owned or Leased Historic Properties (60-12-10 through 60-12-90, SC Code of Laws)
- Hazardous Waste Management Facilities (61-104, SC Code of Regulations)
- Endangered Species Listed, Review and Amendment of List, Unlawful to Take, Deal in, or Transport Species on List (50-15-30, SC Code of Laws)
- Removal of Certain Turtles from State (50-15-30, SC Code of Laws)
- Unlawful Taking of Freshwater Mussels (50-13-510, SC Code of Laws)
- Non-game and State Endangered Species List (123-150, SC Code of Regulations)
- Regulations Specific to Sea Turtles (123-150.1, SC Code of Regulations)
- State Threatened Species List (123-150.2, SC Code of Regulations)
- Regulations for Species of Subspecies of Non-game Wildlife (123-151, SC Code of Regulations)
- Sea Turtle Protection (Applies to shrimp trawling vessels) (123-153, SC Code of Regulations)
- Regulations for Vultures, Kites, Hawks, Eagles, Ospreys, Falcons, and Owls (123-160, SC Code of Regulations)
- Permit Required for collection of non-game species (123-150.3, SC Code of Regulations)